- Instil a lifelong passion for Music.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Music through mastery of the integrated disciplines of performing, composing, and appraising.
- Build cultural capital by studying music from a wide range of historical periods, genres, styles, and traditions.
- Develop the ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Improve self-confidence by performing in lessons and in extra-curricular contexts.
- Develop the skill and creativity to compose in a range of styles, and to be able to use music technology in order to do so.
Our curriculum aims to instil a love of Music in our students by exposing them to music from a wide range of historical periods, genres, styles, and traditions. Our curriculum is aspirational, and promotes mastery in the integrated disciplines of performing, composing, and appraising. Through adopting a skills-based approach, including developing fluency in staff notation, our aim is to enable our students to achieve musical independence.
Please select below to view curriculum information for KS3 and KS4: