PSHE mission statement
● To enable our students to become healthy, independent and responsible members of society
● To appreciate what it means to be a member of a diverse society
● Develop a sense of self-worth by playing a positive role in contributing to the wider community
● Reflect on their own and others experiences
● Opportunities to explore, clarify and if necessary challenge, their own and others’ values, attitudes, beliefs, rights and responsibilities
We believe that every student should have the opportunity to explore, explain and when necessary challenge, their own and others’ values, attitudes and beliefs. The aim of PSHE is to provide knowledge that will enable them to make informed decisions about their health, finances, relationships and wider
community. The PSHE department provides a safe working environment where students can access the material to support their academic and emotional progress.