- To have gained the confidence, independence and problem solving skills to enable appropriate decision making in the classroom, workshop and kitchen.
- To challenge students' in all areas of the faculty to be creative and curious in developing and designing small scale prototypes, garments or dishes.
- To challenge students thinking on sustainability, environmental and social issues that affect the development of products, garments and dishes.
- Develop an understanding of a selection of materials, ingredients and their properties to enable the correct process and/or technique to be applied
- For students to have developed a series of skills across DT which enable them to make progress and work autonomously within designing and making.
Assessment at KS4 is based upon GCSE criteria. This information can be found through the examination boards.
|Curriculum - Design Technology|
|Curriculum KS3 and KS4 Overview||Download|