- To have a good understanding of how society has changed over time
- To have the ability to reach a judgement on an issue based on evidence
- To demonstrate a degree of empathy and understanding about key events from the past
- To develop confidence in challenging interpretations of events and individuals
- To develop an appreciation and enjoyment of the subject through reading historical fiction outside of lessons
- To be able to confidently tackle sources and analyse their meaning, utility and purpose
Assessment at KS4 is based upon GCSE criteria. This information can be found through the examination boards.